Style 1003 - 3.5 Inches Wide
Pastor or Priest Stole Pattern
You may be wondering which stole might look best for a tall athletic figure or a petite frame. The 3.5" pastoral or priest stole pattern may well be your best option! It is a wonderful style to consider for tall lean athletic body types or for use under a cope for a regal ceremonial look. This is also the perfect style for petite frames. The pattern has 2 length options of 46" and 55" length.
The instructions and construction style make this stole a nice project for beginner and professional alike.
The stole can be made with or without the decorative orphrey bands.
Suggested fabrics: Silk dupioni, brocades, silk damasks, metallic brocades, tapestry fabrics, wool gaberdines.*
Interfacing fabrics: 100% cotton canvas
Lining Fabric: Satin, Silk Dupioni
Fabric and trim yardages:
- 1 3/4 yard face fabric 45", 54" or 60" Wide
- 1 3/4yard interfacing 60" Cotton canvas
- 1 3/4 yard lining 45" or 60" fabric
- 1 small cross for neckline
- 13 1/2" small chain or cord
- Optional trims:
- 10 tassels or 1/2 yards of 2 inch wide fringe for lower edge
- Embroidery designs or appliques
- Contrast fabric 1/3 yard and 2 yards narrow trim
Finished size: 3 1/2" wide by 46" or 55"
Style 1003 3.5" Pastoral/Priest Stole pairs well with chasuble styles:
- 3001 Gothic Chasuble Y Orphrey
- 3002 Gothic Chasuble Column Orphrey
- 3003 Gothic Chasuble Round Yoke
- 3004 Monastic Chasuble V Yoke
- 3005 Monastic Chasuble Y Orphrey
- 3006 Monastic Chasuble Column Orphrey
- 3007 Monastic Chasuble Round Yoke
- 3008 Gothic Chasuble with Cross Back
This is also a great style for use with copes.
Also included: written instructions
*NOTE: Pastoral/priest stole pattern contains a paper pattern and written instructions only. Fabrics, interfacing, lining, embellishments (trims), fringe, tassels, and stole chain or cord are sold separately.
*Not suitable for stretch fabrics or fabrics containing Lycra. Patterns are physical products that need to be shipped. They are not available for PDF download.