Priest Cope Vestment Pattern - Full Size Features
Our full-size cope vestment pattern has two options for the orphrey band.
- A wide orphrey band of approximately 7 inches.
- A narrow orphrey band that is approximately 4 to 5 inches.
- Cope vestment features a full semicircle back that is graced with a large cope hood.
- The hood measures approximately 20 to 22" wide, and 16" long.
The priest cope vestment pattern is printed on two large sheets of paper. The Center back is placed on a fold. Some large pattern pieces may require piecing. Fabric will require seaming prior to cutting.
- 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 yards for cope and shield.
- Orphrey bands require approximately 2 yards of material (may be contrasting fabric).
- Additional fabric may be needed to match pattern repeat or one-way layouts.
- Suitable fabrics include: Religious brocade fabrics, tapestry fabrics, brocatelle fabrics, silk damask and brocades, silk dupioni to name a few. Please see our complete line of liturgical fabrics.
The Cope pattern is sold with limited instructions and assumes the user knows construction techniques and is able to sew without detailed written instructions.
For private use only. Not intended for commercial use.