V-Neck Clergy Stole - Style 1008
Sewing Pattern for Pastors or Priests
The V-Neck Pastoral or Priest Stole Pattern is a longer clergy stole with a 56" finished length.
The V-Neck Priest Stole Pattern also has a lengthen and shorten line to allow for further customization. The clergy stole pattern has notches on all of the pieces to add with matching long straight seam lines. Other features of the tapered pastoral or priest stole pattern includes a separate lining and interfacing piece cut to specific sizes, based on formal tailoring techniques and pattern making for custom high-end tailored garments. This feature gives the completed stole a distinct finish, which looks professional and well made, imitating a finely tailored garment.
Suggested fabrics: Silk dupioni, brocades, silk damasks, metallic brocades, tapestry fabrics, wool gaberdines. Not suitable or designs for stretch fabrics or fabrics containing Lycra.
Interfacing fabrics: 100% cotton canvas
Lining Fabric: Satin, Cotton Sateen, Silk Dupioni
Fabric and trim yardages:
- 1 3/4 yard face fabric 45", 54" or 60" Wide
- 1 3/4yard interfacing 60" Cotton canvas
- 1 3/4 yard lining 45" or 60" fabric
- 1 small cross 2" for neckline
- 13 1/2" small chain or cord
- Optional trims:
- 12 tassels or 1/2 yards of 2 inch wide fringe for lower edge
- Embroidery designs or appliques
- Contrast fabric 1/3 yard and 2 yards narrow trim
Finished size: 5" wide by 58" long
Style 1008 V-Neck" Pastoral/Priest Stole pairs well with chasuble styles:
- 3001 Gothic Chasuble Y Orphrey
- 3002 Gothic Chasuble Column Orphrey
- 3003 Gothic Chasuble Round Yoke
- 3004 Monastic Chasuble V Yoke
- 3005 Monastic Chasuble Y Orphrey
- 3006 Monastic Chasuble Column Orphrey
- 3007 Monastic Chasuble Round Yoke
- 3008 Gothic Chasuble with Cross Back
This is also a great style for use with copes or for a Con-celebration stole.
Finished stole size: 5 1/2"wide by 56 inches in length
Pattern: Paper with black line image
The instructions and construction style make this stole a nice project for beginner and professional alike.* While written instructions are provided it is still the responsibility of the seamstress to have basic sewing knowledge to complete the project.
* Pastoral / Priest Stole Pattern contains a paper pattern and written institutions only. While written instructions are provided it is still the responsibility of the seamstress to have basic sewing knowledge to complete the project. Fabrics, interfacing, lining, embellishments (trims), fringes, tassels, and chain or cord sold separately.