4.5" Wide Pastoral or Priest Stole Pattern
Brand Ecclesiastical Sewing
The 4.5" pastoral or priest stole is designed to accommodate a variety of heights. It has cutting lines for a 51", 53" and 55" finished length. The length can easily be changed to allow for a hem that is plain with no trim, or a hem trimmed with fringe, or tassels.*
The clergy stole pattern also has a lengthen and shorten line to allow for further customization. The stole pattern has notches on all of the pieces to aid with matching long straight seamlines. Placement lines are marked for orphrey bands or trim. There is a marking on the stole lining for the placement of a cord or chain which helps lift the stole back a slight amount from the wearer's neck. Other features of the 4.5" wide pastoral or priest stole include a separate lining and interfacing piece cut to specific sizes, based on formal tailoring techniques and pattern making for custom high end tailored garments. This feature gives the finished stole a distinct finish, which looks professional and well made, imitating a finely tailored garment.
The instructions and construction style make this stole a nice project for beginner and professional alike.
Suggested fabrics: Silk dupioni, brocades, silk damasks, metallic brocades, tapestry fabrics, wool gaberdines. Not suitable or designed for stretch fabrics or fabrics containing Lycra.
Interfacing fabrics: 100% cotton canvas
Lining fabrics: cotton, broadcloth, satin, cotton sateen
Stole Face Fabric yardage: 1 3/4 yards of 45", 54" or 60" fabric. Additional fabric may be needed to match pattern repeats.
Interfacing yardage: 1 3/4 yards 60" cotton canvas
Lining fabric yardage: 1 3/4 yard 45" or 60" fabric
Finished stole size: 4 1/2" wide by 51, 53, or 55 inches in length
Pattern: Paper with black line image
Also included: written instructions with colored photos
* Pastoral/priest stole pattern contains a paper pattern and written instructions only. Fabrics, interfacing, lining, embellishments (trims), fringe, tassels, and chain or cord sold separately.
- - Patterns may be used to create your own garments for personal use or to give or sell to others.
- - You may use patterns to create your own designs for publication provided proper credit is given to Ecclesiastical Sewing.com.
- - Patterns may not be copied or sold on third party sites.
- - Patterns may not be resold or distribute in any format.
- - Patterns may not be uploaded to any file sharing websites for any purpose.
- - Patterns may not be copied for any reason.
- - Patterns may not be altered or modified and claimed as your own designs.
- - Patterns may not be used to create other files or designs.
- - Patterns may not be used to create products for mass production or large commercial use.