Style 1005 - 5 Inches Wide
Pastor or Priest Stole Sewing Pattern
Have you ever struggled to find just the right stole for someone with larger shoulders and a tall frame? If so, the 5 inch stole pattern may be just the style you have been looking for! By adding just a bit more width to our normal stole style, the 5 Inch wide Stole pattern creates the perfect balance and proportions so often needed for taller pastors with larger frames.
Although the stole pattern has three lengths, there are extra lines for shortening and lengthening for those times when a bit more or less length is needed.
Suggested fabrics: Silk dupioni, brocades, silk damasks, metallic brocades, tapestry fabrics, wool gaberdines. Not suitable or designs for stretch fabrics or fabrics containing Lycra.
Interfacing fabrics: 100% cotton canvas
Lining Fabric: Satin, Cotton Sateen, Silk Dupioni
Fabrics and trims:
- 1 3/4 yard face fabric
- 1 3/4yard interfacing
- 1 3/4 yard lining
- 1 small cross for neckline
- Optional trims:
- 10 tassels or 1/2 yards of 2 inch wide fringe for lower edge
- Embroidery designs or appliques
- Contrast fabric 1/4 yard and 1 yard narrow trim
Finished stole size: 5" wide by 51, 53, or 55 inches in length
Pattern: Paper with black line image
Style 1005 - 5" Pastoral/Priest Stole pairs well with chasuble styles:
- 3001 Gothic Chasuble Y Orphrey
- 3002 Gothic Chasuble Column Orphrey
- 3003 Gothic Chasuble Round Yoke
- 3004 Monastic Chasuble V Yoke
- 3005 Monastic Chasuble Y Orphrey
- 3006 Monastic Chasuble Column Orphrey
- 3007 Monastic Chasuble Round Yoke
- 3008 Gothic Chasuble with Cross Back
This is also a great style for use with copes.
Also included: written instructions.
* Pastoral/priest stole pattern contains a paper pattern and written instructions only. Fabrics, interfacing, lining, embellishments (trims), fringe, tassels, and chain or cord sold separately.
For private use only. Not intended for commercial use.