Au Ver A Soie - Soie 100/3 Colors 241 to 519
Au Ver À Soie® Soie 100/3, is a single ply highly twisted spun silk thread used for embroidery, counted thread, canvaswork and hand, machine and long-arm quilting.
Soie 100/3 is perfect for hand embroidery work including: outlining facial details, and smoothing curves in canvas work. Use Soie 100/3 for backstitching around a curve and notice how the jagged edges on the shape disappear.
- Soie 100/3 is perfect for couching! Use it to couch real metal threads of course
- it can be used to couch Trebizond, Soie d’Alger and Soie Perlee as well.
- Outline stitching gives sharp, crisp delineation for canvas and linen applications.
- Vary the number of plies for outlining to provide depth or raised effect.
- Soie 100/3 is the perfect thread for blackwork, because it is so highly twisted when doing “Holbein Work” as you do your “return trip”, you cannot pierce the thread.
- Use waxed for couching Real Metal Threads or Trebizond.
- Soie 100/3 not cut into the metal like polyester thread.
Available colors as noted