Roman Square Yoke Surplice Sewing Pattern With Lace Hem
Knee Length or Full Length Options
Lace details have been added to the hem of this traditional square yoke surplice.
This clergy surplice vestment sewing pattern for sewing features:
- A 2-piece square yoke
- Attached skirt has four pleats on the front and back
- Sleeves are long and full with Lace at the lower edge
- Lace hem surplice pattern is available in two lengths with the lace hem at the knees, and a floor length garment.
Available Sizes for this clergy surplice vestment pattern:
- Youth Small/Medium
- Adult Small/Medium/Large
- Adult X-Large/XXL/XXXL
- Available in Knee Lenght and Full Length
- See size chart below and fabric yardage information below
|Size||Youth S||Youth M||S||M||L||XL||XXL||XXXL|
Adjustments for sleeve length or hem length can be made by adding to or shortening the hemline.
Yardage requirements Main Surplice Pattern Fabric:
- Youth Small/Medium: 3.5 yards to 5 yards wide fabric
- Adult Small/Med/Large: 4 to 6 yards of 60" wide fabric
- Adult X-Large/XXL/XXXL: 5 to 6.5 yards of 60" wide fabric
- Please check your layout and measurements to ensure your exact yardage based on finished length and size selected.
Use of a narrower fabric would require piecing at the pleats.
Suitable fabrics: Please see our Carlisle Fabric or white Poplin fabric.
Other suitable fabrics: linen or other plain weave fabrics. Underlining: 2/3 yard of lightweight cotton broadcloth
The underlining can be a lightweight cotton broadcloth or other similar fabric. Use of fusible interfacing in place of underlining is not recommended, as the interfacing may stiffen fabric.