Lace Insert Roman Surplice or Square Yoke Surplice Pattern
Brand Ecclesiastical Sewing
Lace details have been added to a traditional square yoke surplice. This pattern features a 2-piece square yoke. The attached skirt has four pleats on the front and back. The sleeves are long and full. The pattern includes placement and pieces for lace inserts at the sleeves and hem. It is suitable to work a cross on the flat center front of the skirt slightly above the hemline.*
- Youth Small/Medium
- Adult Small/Medium/Large
- Adult X-Large/XXL/XXXL
- See size chart below
|Size||Youth S||Youth M||S||M||L||XL||XXL||XXXL|
Adjustments for sleeve length or hem length can be made by adding to or shortening the hemline.
Yardage requirements Main Fabric:
- Youth Small/Medium: 3.5 yards to 4 yards wide fabric
- Adult Small/Med/Large: 4 to 4.5 yards of 60" wide fabric
- Adult X-Large/XXL/XXXL: 5 to 6 yards of 60" wide fabric
- Please check your layout and measurements to ensure your exact yardage based on finished length and size selected.
Suitable fabrics: Please see our Carlisle Fabric or white Poplin fabric. Other suitable fabrics include linen, or other plain weave fabrics. Underlining: 2/3 yard of lightweight cotton broadcloth
The underlining can be a lightweight cotton broadcloth or other similar fabric. Use of fusible interfacing in place of underlining is not recommended, as the interfacing may stiffen fabric.
- - Patterns may be used to create your own garments for personal use or to give or sell to others.
- - You may use patterns to create your own designs for publication provided proper credit is given to Ecclesiastical Sewing.com.
- - Patterns may not be copied or sold on third party sites.
- - Patterns may not be resold or distribute in any format.
- - Patterns may not be uploaded to any file sharing websites for any purpose.
- - Patterns may not be copied for any reason.
- - Patterns may not be altered or modified and claimed as your own designs.
- - Patterns may not be used to create other files or designs.
- - Patterns may not be used to create products for mass production or large commercial use.