Clergy Surplice Sewing Pattern - with Lace Insert (Pattern)
Available in Knee Length or Full Length
Lace details have been added to a traditional square yoke surplice. This sewing pattern features a 2-piece square yoke. The attached skirt has four pleats on the front and back. The sleeves are long and full. The sewing pattern includes placement and pieces for lace inserts at the sleeves and hem. It is suitable to work a cross on the flat center front of the skirt slightly above the hemline.*
- Youth Small/Medium
- Adult Small/Medium/Large
- Adult X-Large/XXL/XXXL
- Knee Length or Full Length Options
- See size chart below and fabric yardage information below
|Size||Youth S||Youth M||S||M||L||XL||XXL||XXXL|
Adjustments for sleeve length or hem length can be made by adding to or shortening the hemline.
Yardage requirements Main Fabric:
- Youth Small/Medium: 3.5 yards to 4 yards wide fabric
- Adult Small/Med/Large: 4 to 4.5 yards of 60" wide fabric
- Adult X-Large/XXL/XXXL: 5 to 6 yards of 60" wide fabric
- Please check your layout and measurements to ensure your exact yardage based on finished length and size selected.
Suitable fabrics: Please see our Carlisle Fabric or white Poplin fabric. Other suitable fabrics include linen, or other plain weave fabrics. Underlining: 2/3 yard of lightweight cotton broadcloth. The pattern comes with limited instructions and assumes knowledge on the part of the seamstress to be able to complete the pattern.
The underlining can be a lightweight cotton broadcloth or other similar fabric. Use of fusible interfacing in place of underlining is not recommended, as the interfacing may stiffen fabric.