Wooden Slate Frames for Hand Embroidery
Our slate frames for hand embroidery are designed with the standard frame used by professional embroiderers to obtain outstanding results in finished embroidery for liturgical vestments, clergy stoles, chasubles and any other church fabrics project.
Slate frames are suitable for use with:
- silk shading embroidery
- goldwork embroidery
- crewel or Jacobean embroidery
- blackwork embroidery
- stump work embroidery
- canvas work embroidery
- white work embroidery
- and many other types of needlework.
These slate frames are sold for use with hand embroidery.
Available in sizes:
- 12 inch slate frame
- 18 inch slate frame
- 24 inch slate frame
- 30 inch slate frame
- 36 inch slate frame
The above sizes are based on the length of the twill tape. The actual bar and arm sizes are 8" longer than the listed size.
- 44 inch slate frame
- 48 inch slate frame
- 68 inch slate frame with 32" arms Custom order - please email for more information
- 72 inch slate frame with 32" arms Custom order - please email for more information (for use with Muncaster Bedspread Project from The Crewel Work Company)
- (Trestle stands sold separately)
Slate frames are hand crafted from oak or beech wood and are made in Montana. Custom sizes are available by special order. Due to the nature of the hardwood, please expect there to be a few irregularities in how the staples are able to go into the hardwood.
Order lead time approximately 3 to 4 weeks.
Please contact us anytime for custom sizes.